The interface of the online service SiCAD for the design of power lines is quite simple and has a set of specialized tools designed exclusively for the design of power lines:
- The main menu – for save the project of the power line and the formation of the necessary output documents (design specification)
- User registration and authorization area – Registration is free and allows to user to use all the functions of the service and create their own database of products, typical nodes, sets of subscriber branches and electrical consumers.
- Libraries tabs with typical design (nodes) – by simply selecting the desired object from the list, you insert it on the online map and then form the specification for the power lines equipment you need.
- Map area – in this area the plan of the electric network with lines and typical nodes is constructed. Different types of online maps, layers of own topographic maps and layers of connected GIS services (for example, regional power geographic information systems) are available for orienteering.
- Toolbar – A number of special tools are used to design the power line, which allows you to work in different layers of the electrical network project, edit and select objects, perform measurements, customize the display of object signatures, delete objects.
The interface of the SiCAD online service described above allows to obtain the results of 0.4 – 35 kV power lines design flexibly and quickly. In the next tutorial will be described the Library of SiCAD typical nodes for inserting poles on the power network plan